Oloye(Chief) Gani Ige Adams was born on the 30th of April, 1970 to the family of PA Lamidi Adams and madam Dada Adams of blessed memories.
Oloye Gani Adams hailed from Arigidi-akoko located in Akoko North West local government area of Ondo State, Nigeria.
He started his educational career at Army childrens’ school in Otukpo, Benue state. He left the school in 1980 after he completed primary three and then proceeded to Municipal Primary school in Surulere area of Lagos.
After his secondary education, Oloye Gani Adams thought of what he could venture into that will earn him money to cater for all of his needs, then, he joined Visinoni Stabilini, an Italian Construction based in Apapa in Lagos as an interior decorator. He later resigned from the company to establish his own Interior business which he named “Gadson interior”.
The journey of Otunba Gani Adams as a democrat and activist started right from his early age. In 1992, he became an active prodemocrat by campaigning for democracy due to his struggle to avert military rule in the country and to make individual participatory in democracy governance come into being.
The struggle however, fetched him an appointment as the Public Relations Officer of Mushin local government chapter of Civil Liberties Organizations(CLO) in 1993; a group that involves in the promotion of fundamental human rights in Nigeria. He was also a functioning member of Oodua Youth Movement(OYM) and a founding member of the Oodua Peoples’ Congress in 1994. He was the first National Deputy coordinator and the current coordinator of Oodua Peoples Congress.
Oloye Gani Adams bagged a diploma in Tourism management from the International Aviation School(IAS) in Tema, Ghana. He also obtained another diploma in international relations and strategic studies and a bachelor’s degree in political science from the Lagos State University(LASU), ojo.
He believes strongly in the promotion of culture as a tool for national integration and as a tool to enhance peace and harmony in the society. This, prompted him to establish Olokun Festival Foundation(OFF) to promote Yoruba’s culture and heritage the more which was promoted to some countries in Africa, Asia, Europe, South America and North America.
The Olokun festival has sponsored and participated in some cultural and other festivals across the Yoruba land which include;
- Eledumare Festival Ijora, Lagos State
- Ajagunmale Festival, Lekki, Lagos State
- Osun Osogbo Festival
- Olokun Festival, Badagry Lagos.
- Oya festival, Kwara State.
- Oke Ibadan festival, Oyo State.
- Oodua festival, Ile-Ife.
- Grandmothers’ festival, Epe, Lagos
- Olumo festival, Abeokuta Ogun State
- Ifa festival, Lagos
- Aje festival,Agege Lagos
- Obatala festival, Oyo State
- Oranmiyan festival, Oyo State
- Okota festival, Ondo State
- Oro festival, Iseyin, Oyo State
- Ogun Festival, Ikorodu, Lagos
- Elegbara Festival, Shasa, Lagos
- OPU World Congress, Oyo State
- National Youth Development Submit
- Lagos Interactive Session with Leaders
- Otunba Gani Adams Art Student Scheme, Lagos.
- Kudirat Abiola Remembrance, Lagos
- June 12 Remembrance, Lagos.
- Nigerian Artisan Submit Lagos.
- World Humanitarian Day, Lagos
- World Literacy Day, Lagos.
- Heroes Day, Lagos. And others.
It also conducts and showcases beauty pageant in these festivals; Miss Olumo, Miss Olokun, Miss Oodua, Miss Okota and Miss Oya.
SEVERAL AWARDS, CONFERNMENTS AND TITLES TO GANI ADAMS CREDIT
- Peace Ambassador of the Universal Peace Federation
- Peace Ambassador of the International Federation for World Peace
- Otunba of Arigidi-Akoko, Ondo State
- Ajagungbade of Oodua Land (ANTP)
- Akinrogun of Erin Osun, Osun State
- Ajagunla of Aala Land, KwaraState
- Arogundade of Ode Omu, Osun State
- Jagunmolu Olu–Ode of Ibadan Land
- Olunla of Ilikimu (Benin Republic).
- Otunba Atayese of Igosun-Ekiti.
- Asoludero of Osogbo land
- Arogundade of Oodua Land, Ogun State
- Apase Oodua of Ojokoro Land, Lagos State
- Mayegun of Ijanikin, Bobaselu of Ado Kingdom
- Seriki Adini of Arigidi-Akoko Land, Ondo State
- Akinrogun of Iseyin Land, Oyo State
- Jagunmolu of Igangan Land, Oyo State
- Baba Oba of Agbamu Land,Kwara State
- Custodian of Oodua Legacy Worldwide
- Aare of Ibese Land, Lagos State
- Baba Ijo New World Assembly, Akure
- Maiyegun of Oworo Kingdom, Lagos State
- Maiyegun of Baiyekun Kingdom, Lagos State
- Aare Akogun Atewonro of Ila-Orangun, Osun State
- Bobagunwa of Igbehin Land, Ogun State
- Akinrogun of Ikorodu Land, Lagos State
- Olunla of Ojora Land, Lagos State
- Agbaakin of Ibereko Land, Badagry, Lagos State
- Aniyikaye of Ijero-Ekiti among several other honours and Chieftaincy titles.
He is the current Aare Ona Kakanfo of Yoruba land.
Photos source: vanguardngr
Thanks for reading Naijaalways.com